We looked at Cast Off 3/4 from Two Faces Lines
EIGHT CHAIN THRU
Command examplesEight Chain Thru
Eight Chain 3
Eight Chain 4
Eight Chain 1, Allemande Left
Dance actionComplete as many of these actions as appropriate:
- All Right Pull By (Eight Chain 1 has been completed)
- Centers Left Pull By while the ends Courtesy Turn (Eight Chain 2 has been completed)
- All Right Pull By (Eight Chain 3 has been completed)
- Centers Left Pull By while the ends Courtesy Turn (Eight Chain 4 has been completed)
- All Right Pull By (Eight Chain 5 has been completed)
- Centers Left Pull By while the ends Courtesy Turn (Eight Chain 6 has been completed)
- All Right Pull By (Eight Chain 7 has been completed)
- Centers Left Pull By while the ends Courtesy Turn (Eight Chain Thru has been completed)
Eight Chain Thru ends in Eight Chain Thru (even calls ie: 2 / 4 / 6
Eight Chain 1, 3, 5, etc. ends in Trade By
Eight Chain 2, 4, 6, etc. ends in Eight Chain Thru
TimingEight Chain Thru: 20
Eight Chain 1, 2, 3, etc.: each odd-numbered part: 2; each even-numbered part: 3
StylingSame as Right And Left Thru. Dancers doing the Left Pull By in the center move slowly so their action takes the same time as the Courtesy Turn on the outside.
Each part of this call ends in an Eight Chain Thru or Trade By formation. Dancers should not drift into a circular formation as in Wrong Way Grand (#8c).
The general action of a Cloverleaf has the active dancers walking in a 3/4 circle, staying in their own quadrant of the set. A cloverleaf ramp at a highway intersection or the edge of one leaf of a four-leaf clover gives a good visual picture of the dance path.
Cloverleaf (Everyone Active)
Dance actionThe lead dancers separate and move away from each other in a three quarter (270 degrees) circle.
When each lead dancer approaches another lead dancer from the other side of the square, they both reach with outside hands, blending into a couple handhold as they continue into the center of the square to become a couple facing in.
Each trailing dancer follows the dancer in front, and ends directly behind that same dancer.
Starting formation – ocean wave only. The ends of the wave cross fold as the centers of the wave fold in behind the ends and follow them around, then face in to end as two facing couples.
STYLING: All dancers, arms in natural dance position, hands ready to adjust for next call as quickly as possible.
Timing: 4 steps.
SPIN THE TOP
Spin The Top; Spin It Again (i.e., go twice)
Spin Your Top
Spin Your Top, Do A Right and Left Thru